Applications for the coming academic year 2023-2024 can be submitted from the 15th of February 2023.
The term starts on the 21st of August 2023 and ends on the 24th of May 2024.
Submit your application by filling in the form which you will find further down on this page. In addition to the form, the application must also contain proof of your identity (e.g. a copy of your passport) as well as copies of the certificates that you wish to invoke in your application. The last day to apply is 17th of April.
Admission decisions will be sent by regular post.
We accept applications in Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and English.
Certificates and diplomas in Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, English, French and German are accepted.
If your certificate/diploma in any other language does not have an English summary please include a translation of the document as well as the original document.
Please do not hesitate to ask us if you have any questions!
Diploma from completed high school/upper secondary school or equivalent education,
by recognition of prior learning corresponding to high school/upper secondary school or equivalent education.
If you are applying for year 2 or 3, an approved result is required from Slöjd och hantverk – form och kultur year 1 or 2 respectively,
recognition of prior learning, other education and/or work experience corresponding to years 1 and 2 respectively.
Our selection methods
You do not need any special prior knowledge to be able to apply for the education, but previous education and/or experience in the arts and crafts field is an advantage. In order for us to be able to assess your qualifications, you must enclose certificates or other documentation with your application.
In the selection process, we assess the following points:
- Final grades from upper secondary school (or equivalent) in Swedish or English, mathematics and aesthetic subject
- Previous education in handicrafts, crafts and art
- Relevant professional experience in handicrafts, crafts or aesthetic professions
- Experience of handicrafts (through practice/internship/volunteering etc.)
- Your personal goals and motivation to study. This is assessed through an interview.
APPENDICES – certificates and credentials
Enclose the documents you wish to invoke in your application. Sätergläntan cannot assess merits that lack documentation. Therefore, make sure to request a certificate from education providers, jobs, etc. that you wish to enclose with your application.
Please ensure that the following criteria are met:
- The certificate must be signed or stamped by the school/education provider.
- Course content, date and extent (number of weeks/semesters/credits, etc.) of the education must be clearly stated in the certificate.
Jobs and professional experience
Please note: An employment contract does not count as a certificate. It must be a special certificate of service.
- The certificate must be signed or stamped by the manager or equivalent person.
- Date of employment and extent (hours per week or month/part time/full time etc.) must be clearly stated in the certificate.
- If you are or have been self-employed, enclose a description of the nature of the work you have performed within your business, as well as the date and extent of your work (hours per week or month/part time/full time etc.)
- If you have had an internship, apprenticeship or been volunteering, ask for a certificate that describes the work you have done and see that all the criteria stated above are met.
- If the document is scanned or photographed, the text must be fully legible. The certificate must be able to be printed on A4 size paper.
- If the certificate consists of several pages, all pages must be included.
- All attachments, documents and images should be in .pdf or .jpeg format.
- Attachments to e-mails must be attached, not included in the message itself.
- All appendices should be named according to the following principle:
“Appendix no, First name Last name”, eg “Appendix 1, Anna Andersson”.
- If you submit your application in paper form, the appendix number must be noted in the upper right-hand corner of each document.
Application form – please click on the image below to download the form.