The tuck stitch family of knitted stitches are usually worked on knitting machines. In this class, you will learn to knit them by hand.
We will begin with tuck stitches, travel on to brioche stitches (which are the most popular of the tuck stitches) and then how to create beautiful stitch patterns using increases, decreases, crossing stitches, cabling, and many more techniques. By the end of the class, you will understand the construction of these stitches and be able to create your own stitch patterns to use in your own designs.
You will learn:
- How to knit tuck stitches
- How to knit brioche stitches
- How to make increases and decreases in brioche
- How to make cables, crossed stitches, syncopated brioche, and lace eyelets
- How to combine brioche with other stitches
- Correcting mistakes
- Understanding brioche and tuck stitch charts
- Working in two layered knitting
- Designing with 2-colors
- Utilising design elements such as line, value, texture, and direction
- Stitch pattern design
Nancy Marchant, a.k.a. the Queen Mother of Brioche, has studied the nuances of this European stitch for more than 20 years. She’s developed new and exciting stitch patterns and techniques for achieving beautiful brioche results. Nancy is the author of Knitting Brioche, Knitting Fresh Brioche, Leafy Brioche, and Tuck Stitches. She has currently been playing around with true brioche lace.
- Bring 3-4 colors smooth DK weight plain wool or cotton yarn
- Double-pointed or circular 4mm (US 6) needles for sample making
- Bring yarns and needles that you would like to use for a project
Bilder: Alexandra Feo
Datum 16-20 juni 2019
Tid Start kl 8.40 dag 1 och slut kl 12.00 dag 5
Lärare Nancy Marchant
Förkunskaper It is best if you already know how to knit brioche (patent stickning).
Studieort Sätergläntan i Insjön, Dalarna
Anmälan Vi öppnar anmälan 1 september. Fyll gärna i en intresseanmälan nedan så får du ett meddelande från oss innan vi öppnar anmälan.
Gör gärna en intresseanmälan nedan!